Building the next generation of AWS professionals and promoting excellence in the development of AWS solutions
Annual General Meeting 2023
AGM 15th August 2023
Apologies from President Terence White. Meeting will be run by Vice President Mark Goatley. Terence has delegated his vote including his casting vote (if required) to Mark for the duration of the meeting.
Mark Goatley, Sebastian Krueger, Ramaswamy Arunachalam, Tom Cully, Chris Watson, Hrishi Hiremath, Gleidson Nascimento, Dylan Mama, Yoan Tresfield, Kobe Xu, Nick Cooper, Arshad Zackeriya, Riaan De Klerk, Scott Patterson
2. Summary of Presidents Report 2023 – Terrance White
- AWSUGNZ Presidents Report 2023
- Nominated to accept the report: Chris Watson, Seconded: Scott Patterson
3. Financial Annual Report 2023 – Chris Watson
Profit and Loss, and Balance Sheet
- Nominated the Financial report to be accepted as true and correct: Mark Goatley, Seconded: Sebastian Krueger
FY 2022 Corporate Tax – Carried Over into FY 2023
The FY 2022 had a profit, of which there resulted in $2,149.47 owed to the IRD as Corporate Tax.
Ideally this would have been a journal entry, effective 31 Mar 2022. However this was recorded on the balance sheet for FY 2022 has a liability.
Therefore this is reflected in FY 2023 expenses, resulting in a Loss of $2,947.86. Excluding this results in an adjusted Loss of $798.39.
Adjusted for Resident Withholding Tax of $1.76 this resulted in a Taxable Loss of $796.63. This taxable loss will be carried forward to the FY 2024 taxable period.
For future years which are profitable, resulting in Corporate Tax owed, these will be journaled effective 31 Mar.
4. Amendments to our Constitution
The committee moves the following two amendments to our constitution per 22.2 of our constitution.
4.a Update to how Person’s cease to be members
The committee recommends the addition of the following wording to make the first line in section 6.1 to be:
* They are removed by majority vote of the Society at a Society Meeting, or by majority vote at a Committee meeting that has quorum..
4.b Update Committee Membership
Add Section 7.5:
7.5 The Committee may vote additional Society Member(s) onto the Committee at any time. This excludes Officer positions, which must be voted for via Annual General Meetings or Special Annual General Meetings.
5. Notice of Resignation from Committee
Steven Ensslen is overseas and will no longer be on the committee, we thank Steven for his massive contribution over the years and look forward to him joining us again hopefully in the future.
6. Nominations for Committee (And Exec Positions)
President – Mark
Vice President – Hrishi
Treasurer – Chris (current)
Secretary – Seb (current)
Voting on Proposals
4.a. voted as per screenshot below
4.b. voted as per screenshot below
6. All committee members proposed (incl. exec positions) voted in agreement as per the Teams chat screenshot:
Merge change in GIT (@Hrishi Hiremath )and update website (@Mark Goatley)-
Submit documents to the companies office @Chris Watson
Dylan looking to setup Northland User Group, we will add him to the committee and provide support where we can.